Dugan & Lopatka provides a great place to work, whether you are starting your career or looking for a change. Here you will be part of an organization that is both challenging and rewarding. Together, we will help resolve the complex challenges facing our clients. Jump to the Current Job Openings
What We Offer Our Employees
Dugan & Lopatka maintains a group comprehensive major medical insurance plan for employees working 30 hours or more per week.
The firm maintains a group term life insurance plan for employees working 24 hours or more per week of which the premium is paid by the firm.
The firm maintains a long term group disability income insurance plan for employees, paid by the firm.
A 401(k) plan is available with no wait period to participate.
The firm maintains for employees a cafeteria plan or flexible benefits plan, which includes a pre-tax insurance plan, a medical expense reimbursement plan, a dependent care assistance plan and a disability insurance reimbursement plan.
Vacation, Personal and Sick Days
Dugan & Lopatka offers vacation, personal and sick days.
We Care Deeply For Our Team Members.
While we recognize that our profession necessitates periods of heavy work loads, we do not believe that the work is more important than the person. We care deeply for our team members and have a strong belief that a person must have a balance between work, rest and recreation.
- Holiday Celebration
- End-of-Tax Season Celebration
- Themed Luncheons
- Kane County Cougars Baseball Tickets
Dugan & Lopatka's values are the standards by which our business choices are made.
Dugan & Lopatka’s values are revealed in the context of how we relate to each other and those outside our firm. We truly believe that the integrity of a firm’s structure is dependent upon its values. The sum of all of our behavior, which reveals our values, represents our firm culture. The following values represent the substance of Dugan & Lopatka’s foundation.
Ensuring Our Staff Maintain a Balanced Lifestyle
We believe strongly that the family must come first. We encourage our team members to take the time they need to not only address family emergencies, but also special family times.
When you need to spend more time with the family, we pull together to support you, picking up the slack until you can return the favor to us when we need the time.
Each of us is committed to getting the work done, but each of us has different schedules in life. It is for this reason we have flexible work schedules. When you need to spend more time with the family, we pull together to support you, picking up the slack until you can return the favor to us when we need the time.
Busy season or not, family comes first.
We continually invest in top-notch continuing education for our team of certified public accountants and staff to ensure we provide our clients with cutting edge advice – whether they be individual tax concerns or complex, corporate audit issues. Our goal is to have the answer to every question you may have before you ask the question to us.
Current Job Openings
Audit Senior Associate
Dugan & Lopatka is seeking an Audit Senior Associate to join our Audit Practice located in Warrenville, Illinois. Our clients operate in a variety commercial industries and non-profit sectors, throughout the Chicagoland area. We are looking for someone to join our team and deliver excellent client service while expanding your career with our growing firm. We offer the ability to work remotely as client scheduling allows, in a relaxed environment where work life balance is a priority.
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations including coordinating the auditing of all required financial statements, related disclosures, and other client deliverables
- Supervise Audit Associates on engagement teams and function as an in-charge facilitating field work by monitoring and reporting regarding productivity and adherence to work plan schedules on each assignment
- Assume the primary interface role with some clients and assume responsibility for information flow from the client to the audit team
- Identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to Managers and Partners
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Accounting or equivalent degree
- 2 years of current or recent experience in a public accounting environment, auditing financial statements
- Previous experience auditing clients in a variety of industries and/or non-profit sectors
- Demonstrate experience and ability to act as in-charge on engagements
Dugan & Lopatka is seeking a qualified tax manager to work in our Warrenville, Illinois office. You will lead and manage multiple tax engagements for our clients. The ideal candidate will have extensive trust and estate experience. Trust and estate experience is preferred.
- Review federal and state income tax returns for individuals, trusts, estates and exempt organizations
- Perform tax research
- Develop and expand client relationships
- Prepare internal memos and written correspondence
- Manage multiple client workloads
- Train and mentor associates
- 5+ years of public accounting experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
2022 Winter Intern – Audit, Tax and Client Accounting
Located in Warrenville, Illinois, with three separate client service teams including Audit, Tax and Client Accounting Services, we provide internship experience across all three service areas. We serve local businesses in a variety of industries, including many non-profit clients. Travel to some local clients may be required.
Examples of responsibilities include:
- Become familiar with the firm technology and software
- Preparation of audit workpapers and analytics
- Preparation of corporate and non-profit tax returns and related workpapers
- Preparation of financial statements
- Preparation of monthly accounting for clients to include:
- Bank reconciliations
- Various account reconciliations
- Fixed asset schedules
- Engaged in accounting, or taxation program at a college or university and interest in pursuing CPA certificate
- An interest in either auditing, taxation or client accounting services
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Detail oriented
- Open to students that will have either junior or senior status at time of internship
We are a top 400 (GS 400) U.S. firm, where you will be part of a motivated team with outstanding opportunities.apply now