Guiding Your Family Business To Success
Operating a family business is a unique challenge, intertwined with the needs of the business and the needs of the family members. Common concerns for many family-owned businesses include managing children in the business, avoiding family conflict, compensating family members, transferring ownership but maintaining control, ensuring for your retirement, and managing your estate.
As your trusted business advisers, Dugan & Lopatka can help you sort through these complex business and relationship issues. We can provide you with fresh ideas that have been successful with our other family-owned business clients and serve as a neutral party to ensure successful implementation of those ideas.
- Services We Provide Our Family-Owned Business Clients
- Succession planning/Exit planning
- Business tax preparation and family tax planning services
- Family and children tax planning and compliance services
- Gifting and family compensation planning
- Business management planning with family members
A family business is just business… until it isn’t.
Running a family business can be as tough as, well, running a family. In this post, we unpack some of the unique challenges that family-owned businesses face, take a quick detour through HBO’s Succession, and discuss how you can make the right decisions for your business—even when there’s emotional baggage. Click here to read our post.