Dugan & Lopatka provides a great place to work, whether you are starting your career or looking for a change. Here you will be part of an organization that is both challenging and rewarding. Together, we will help resolve the complex challenges facing our clients.
We believe in hiring individuals who not only understand the technical side of our business but also share the interest and knowledge in our clients' businesses. You will be exposed to new businesses and industries that will provide limitless opportunities.
If you are committed and passionate about what you do, Dugan & Lopatka is the right decision for you. With us, you can expect more! Follow the link to apply now.
Dugan & Lopatka also constantly seeks to add to our team of highly respected and trusted advisors. If you are seeking an opportunity to work in a family-oriented firm with a reputation for excellence and professional integrity, that also cares deeply for its team members, please feel free to forward along your background and experience for our review. Though a position may not be currently posted on our website, we happily make exceptions for those individuals we feel may complement our current team and add value for our clients.
Dugan & Lopatka has a business model that outlines how promotions are determined to support our client service needs and to meet the growth of the firm. Every team member is encouraged to seek promotion and opportunities will present themselves for those individuals that successfully advance their skills and abilities to the next higher level.
Currently, there are seven principals. There are two types of managers in the firm, those who seek potential ownership of the firm as a principal, and technical managers who do not seek equity ownership, but have skills and experience that garner the manager position.
Advancement does not have to come in the department in which a team member is currently assigned. Team members can switch from one department to another provided that their skills and experience warrant such a move and management believes the change to be a positive one for both the team member and the firm.
Dugan & Lopatka believes in the continuous development of our team to include a self developed internal training system and external and internal continuing professional education participation.
- Developed by the firm managers and employees.
- Starts with a welcome reception for new employees
- Guides you through your initial months in the firm
- Provides mentors for you within the firm
- Works with you to tailor your CPE and training
- Establishes criteria for advancement
- All team members are encouraged to take the best CPE courses regardless of physical location of the class.
- CPE records kept by Dugan & Lopatka
- Dugan & Lopatka conducts numerous CPE training classes throughout the year for all interested team members.
- Recognizing that no one can be an expert in all areas, team members are encouraged to develop unique skill-sets and become experts in various technical areas to support the other team members.
- Managers may have the opportunity to attend external training classes to improve their business development skills.
- Business development training and support is also provided to managers and principals by our director of marketing.
- Business development peer groups meet quarterly to learn from the successes of each other.
If you are committed and passionate about what you do, Dugan & Lopatka is the right decision for you.
Health insurance coverage for the employee, spouse and children is available. A sheet listing all benefits can be given to interested potential employees.
Life insurance at no cost.
Disability insurance is provided at no cost.
A 401(k) plan is available with no wait period to participate. Dugan & Lopatka contributes a match of up to one percent of your salary. This is based on 25 cents per dollar that is put into the plan by employee up to one percent of salary. We also offer unlimited investment choices, not the usual 6 – 8 mutual funds that many companies offer.
A Cafeteria Plan (125 Plan) is also available for health insurance expense, medical expense and dependent care expense.
Vacation, Personal and Sick Days:
Dugan & Lopatka offers vacation, personal and sick days.
We believe strongly that the family must come first. We encourage our team members to take the time they need to not only address family emergencies, but also special family times. These include children’s school plays, baseball games, recitals, and soccer matches.
The family is the foundation unit of every society. The family has a higher priority than the firm and its profitability.
— Dugan & Lopatka Statement of Values
Each of us is committed to getting the work done, but each of us has different schedules in life. It is for this reason we have flexible work schedules. When you need to spend more time with the family, we pull together to support you, picking up the slack until you can return the favor to us when we need the time.
Busy season or not, family comes first.
Firm Culture & Fun
We care deeply for our team members.
While we recognize that our profession necessitates periods of heavy work loads, we do not believe that the work is more important than the person. We care deeply for our team members and have a strong belief that a person must have a balance between work, rest and recreation.
"BALANCE OF WORK/REST" Vacations and breaks will be encouraged so that proper rest, recreation, and reflection will maximize the long-term effectiveness and productivity of the individual and the entire team ..." — DUGAN & LOPATKA STATEMENT OF VALUES
To ensure we live up to our beliefs, the firm encourage fun and recreation. Some examples of past firm-sponsored and employee-initiated activities include:
- In-office putt-putt tournament
- Client/team golf outing
- End-of-season firm party
- Firm-sponsored family picnic
- Employee only family tickets to the Kane County Cougars baseball games
- Boating excursions
- Wedding showers for team members
- Baby showers for team members
- Birthday celebrations
- Firm Christmas party with gift exchange
- Christmas decorating contest
- Christmas cookie exchange
- Busy season food
- Charity walks/Chicago marathon
- Jeans day for breast cancer research
- Contests with prizes
- Concert & play excursions
- Dairy Queen treat day
- Sporting clay outings
- Fantasy football & baseball leagues
What We Look For
Dugan & Lopatka works hard to maintain the highest standards of accounting professionalism and integrity, so we are always looking for the brightest and most dedicated people to join our CPA firm.
If you want to:
- Become part of a team of highly respected trusted advisors
- Join a firm with a reputation for excellence and professional integrity.
- Have the opportunity to have direct client contact with our diverse client base.
- Have an employer that believes in continuous learning and self improvement.
- Work in a casual atmosphere.
- Work fewer hours than the accounting industry norm
- Have fun
- Enjoy a business casual dress code
- Have time off that is flexible and family friendly
Not Looking for Full Time Work, We Understand
Just returning to the work force and don’t want to work the traditional 8:00-5:00 hours?
Need to be home for children when they come home from school?
Want Fridays off in the summer so you can play golf?
These are real examples with our current employees. Not everyone wants or can offer an employer the traditional 40 or more hours a week to work. We understand and will design a work schedule that is beneficial to you and us.
Why Dugan & Lopatka is the right team!
- The company hosts an annual holiday party.
- Business development costs are covered by the firm.
- Boat outings.
- Sporting day outings.
- Professional sporting events.
- The company has seats for the Kane County Cougars in the 3rd rows by third base.
- The company sponsors many community events and make tickets and other benefits from these sponsorships available to team members.
- Wedding showers, baby showers and birthdays celebrated by the firm.
- Busy season food brought in by team members.
- Plenty of parking and parking is free (no downtown parking challenges)
- Free IT support, tax planning and personal financial planning for employees.