Hugh is a Dugan & Lopatka principal. He oversees the Audit & Review practice of the firm for privately-held businesses in a wide variety of industries as well as for non-profit organizations.
Some of the additional services he provides our clients include:
- ERISA/Employee benefit plan audits.
- Performance of CPA firm peer reviews.
- Preparation of financial forecasts.
- Assistance in accounting for complex accounting transactions.
- Assistance and due diligence in buying and selling businesses.
- Agreed upon procedures and various compliance testing related to tax incentives, grant compliance and contract compliance.
- Consultation related to organizational structure and hiring.
Hugh works with a variety of businesses in a wide range of industries including construction, distribution, manufacturing, professional services, trucking and transportation, technology, start-ups, leasing, and non-profits including 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, 501(c)(6) business league organizations, and 501(c)(4) social welfare organizations.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
Hugh is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountant (AICPA) Peer Review Program where he serves as a peer reviewer of other CPA firms.
He is also a member of the Illinois CPA Society Peer Review Acceptance Committee (2010 – present). As a member of the committee, Hugh conducts oversight of peer reviews prepared in various states and present findings to the Illinois CPA Society Peer Review Acceptance Committee.
Hugh is a longstanding Choose DuPage board member (2007 – present). He previously served as treasurer and currently serves as the Private-Sector Co-Chair. Choose DuPage is the public/private economic development non-profit entity responsible for attracting and retaining businesses in DuPage County, Illinois.
Hugh is a Certified Public Accountant and member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the Illinois CPA Society (ILCPA), and the ILCPA Peer Review Acceptance Committee.
IN THE MEDIA
Hugh Elliott and Leo Misdom sit down with NCTV Channel 17 to discuss the challenges that businesses are facing during the COVID-19 pandemic, and how Dugan & Lopatka is helping clients to navigate those challenges.
Hugh Elliott named private-sector co-chair of Choose DuPage
Published by: Choose DuPage, July 1, 2020
- Financials for Non-Financials, Valley Industrial Association Annual Conference (September 2017).
- Illinois State University, BS in Accounting.
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant in the state of Illinois.
HOBBIES & PERSONAL INTERESTS
Hugh stays active playing golf, basketball and enjoys several water sports.
Principal Shareholder, Audit & Review DepartmentBack