Hugh is a Dugan & Lopatka principal. He oversees the Audit & Review practice of the firm for privately-held businesses in a wide variety of industries as well as for non-profit organizations.
Some of the additional services he provides our clients include:
- ERISA/Employee benefit plan audits.
- Performance of CPA firm peer reviews.
- Preparation of financial forecasts.
- Assistance in accounting for complex accounting transactions.
- Assistance and due diligence in buying and selling businesses.
- Agreed upon procedures and various compliance testing related to tax incentives, grant compliance and contract compliance.
- Consultation related to organizational structure and hiring.
Hugh works with a variety of businesses in a wide range of industries including construction, distribution, manufacturing, professional services, trucking and transportation, technology, start-ups, leasing, and non-profits including 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, 501(c)(6) business league organizations, and 501(c)(4) social welfare organizations.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
Hugh is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountant (AICPA) Peer Review Program where he serves as a peer reviewer of other CPA firms.
He is also a member of the Illinois CPA Society Peer Review Acceptance Committee (2010 – present). As a member of the committee, Hugh conducts oversight of peer reviews prepared in various states and present findings to the Illinois CPA Society Peer Review Acceptance Committee.
Hugh is a longstanding Choose DuPage board member and treasurer (2007 – present). Choose DuPage is the public/private economic development non-profit entity responsible for attracting and retaining businesses in DuPage County, Illinois.
Hugh is a Certified Public Accountant and member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the Illinois CPA Society (ILCPA), and the ILCPA Peer Review Acceptance Committee.
- Financials for Non-Financials, Valley Industrial Association Annual Conference (September 2017).
- Illinois State University, BS in Accounting.
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant in the state of Illinois.
HOBBIES & PERSONAL INTERESTS
Hugh stays active playing golf, basketball and enjoys several water sports.
Principal Shareholder, Audit & Review DepartmentBack