Hugh is a Dugan & Lopatka principal and heads our Corporate Audit Department where he oversees audits, reviews and compilations of privately-held businesses and non-profit organizations.
Some of the additional services he provides our clients include:
- Preparation of financial forecasts.
- Assistance in accounting for complex accounting transactions.
- Assistance and due diligence in buying and selling businesses.
- Agreed upon procedures and various compliance testing related to tax incentives, grant compliance and contract compliance.
- Preparation and analysis of industry benchmarking reports.
- Consultation related to organizational structure and hiring.
Hugh works with a variety of businesses in a wide range of industries including construction, distribution, manufacturing, professional services, trucking and transportation, technology, start-ups, leasing, and non-profits including 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, 501(c)(6) business league organizations, and 501(c)(4) social welfare organizations.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
Hugh is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountant (AICPA) Peer Review Program where he serves as a peer reviewer of other CPA firms.
He is also a member of the Illinois CPA Society Peer Review Acceptance Committee (2010 – present). As a member of the committee, Hugh conducts oversight of peer reviews prepared in various states and present findings to the Illinois CPA Society Peer Review Acceptance Committee.
Hugh is a longstanding Choose DuPage board member and treasurer (2007 – present). Choose DuPage is the public/private economic development non-profit entity responsible for attracting and retaining businesses in DuPage County, Illinois.
Hugh is also the treasurer and a member of the board of directors of Rev3 Innovation Center (2014 – present). Rev3 is a non-profit 501c(3) organization whose mission is to provide a collaborative environment for entrepreneurs in DuPage County in an effort to foster business growth for startup organizations.
Hugh is a Certified Public Accountant and member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the Illinois CPA Society (ILCPA), and the ILCPA Peer Review Acceptance Committee.
- Financials for Non-Financials, Valley Industrial Association Annual Conference (September 2017).
- Illinois State University, BS in Accounting.
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant in the state of Illinois.
HOBBIES & PERSONAL INTERESTS
Hugh stays active playing golf, basketball and enjoys several water sports.
AN INTERESTING TIDBIT ABOUT HUGH
Hugh’s nephew, Jake Elliott, is the placekicker for the 2018 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles.
Principal, Audit & Review DepartmentBack