Choose DuPage announces grant program supporting small businesses in DuPage County
In an effort to assist small businesses and independent contractors impacted by COVID-19, DuPage County in Illinois, in conjunction with Choose DuPage, is providing grants to use for employee retention payroll, utilities, and rent. Choose DuPage is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting DuPage County as a premier global business location.
Small businesses with fewer than 15 full-time employees and less than $1.5 million in annual revenue may apply for a grant up to $15,000.
Independent contractors with more than 50% of their annual income coming from 1099 work, and an annual income of less than $100,000 may apply for a grant up to $7,500.
Businesses and contractors that have received other funds intended for this purpose (i.e. PPP, EIDL) are not eligible.
To find out if you qualify, answer these questions:
- Are you a business or 1099 independent contractor located in DuPage County, Illinois?
- Were you in business as of February 15, 2020?
- Has your business been affected by COVID-19, making this grant request necessary to support your ongoing operations?
- If you are a small business, do you have less than 15 full-time employees, and less than $1.5 million in annual revenue?
- If you are a 1099 independent contractor, does at least 50% of your income come from 1099 work, and is your annual income less than $100,000?
If you answered YES to all of the above, you could be eligible to receive a grant from this program. Note: you are not eligible if you have received other funds intended for this purpose (i.e. PPP, EIDL).
An informational webinar will be held on Friday, May 15, at 11:00AM CST. Click here to register.
Get more information on eligibility & how to apply here.