2018 Information Returns (Form 1099) reporting requirements

Every person engaged in a trade or business needs to prepare what is known as an information return, or Form 1099, for each year they make payments to another person.  This includes not only persons in business for gain or profit, but also nonprofit organizations, partnerships, corporations, and limited liability companies.    These forms must be filed with the Internal Revenue Service by January 31.  If you have 250 or more information returns, they must be filed electronically.

Dugan & Lopatka’s guide on information returns can help take the guesswork out of completing and filing these forms.  Take a look at our complimentary guide.

If you have any questions concerning your information returns, please feel free to contact Dugan & Lopatka at info@duganlopatka.com or (630) 665-4440.  

related articles