- ABOUT ANDREW
Andrew Schmidt is a tax manager in Dugan & Lopatka’s Tax Department assisting clients in industries as varied as manufacturing, distribution, construction, real estate, healthcare and architectural. His extensive client service experience includes:
- Reviewing corporate, partnership, individual, and trust tax returns for compliance with applicable federal and state tax laws.
- Tax planning for businesses, their owners, and other high net worth individuals.
- Multi-state tax planning.
- Sales tax planning; nexus reviews and research.
- Specialized tax services: cost-segregation studies, section 179D studies, and Research and Development Studies.
- Preparation of estate and gift tax returns.
- Years of accounting experience and assisting clients with QuickBooks.
- Monthly/Quarterly/Annual accounting services to include:
- Assisting clients with the closing of their books.
- Preparation of compiled and reviewed financial statements.
- Assistance with budgeting, forecasting, and benchmarking and providing practical recommendations to improve areas of weakness.
- Experience with due diligence and tax planning for the sale of various companies.
Andrew is also heavily involved with Dugan & Lopatka’s internal tax procedures. He spearheaded the transition of the firm’s business tax workpapers from a paper file to a paperless environment.
- PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
Andrew is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the Illinois CPA Society and participates in activities of the Valley Industrial Association.
- COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
Andrew is passionate about animals and animal rights and volunteers his time at the Naperville Area Humane Society.
- PUBLICATIONS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Tax Cuts & Jobs Act Interview, NCTV17 Business Connection (May-June 2018).
- U.S. Tax Reform, What it Means for You and Your Business, Arrowhead Country Club (February 2018).
- Now is the time to consider year-end tax planning, Daily Herald Business Ledger (November 2017).
- Financials for Non-Financials, Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce (November 2017).
- Financials for Non-Financials, Valley Industrial Association Annual Conference (September 2017).
- Master of Science in Accountancy: Northern Illinois University (August 2012).
- Master of Science in Taxation: Northern Illinois University (In process. Expected graduation, 2020).
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, Northern Illinois University (December 2011).
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant in the State of Illinois.
- HOBBIES & PERSONAL INTERESTS
In his free time, Andrew enjoys spending time with his wife, Lucy. He is passionate about animal rights and volunteers his time at the Naperville Area Humane Society. He also enjoys reading, running and staying active. Andrew is a big sports fan and follows the Chicago Cubs, the Chicago Bulls, the Chicago Bears, the Chicago BlackHawks, and Northern Illinois University sports teams.
- AN INTERESTING TIDBIT ABOUT ANDREW
Andrew is the proud owner of a pointer-mix shelter dog named Ernie.
Manager, Tax DepartmentBack