Jump-start your career as a Bookkeeper in Dugan + Lopatka’s growing Accounting & Advisory Services Department.
Located in Chicago’s western suburbs, Dugan + Lopatka is an innovative, creative and forward-thinking public accounting firm. As a member of our team, you will learn new skills and work alongside experienced professionals as you provide state-of-the-art services for our clients.
The bottom line? You’ll love working here. Here’s why:
- Genuine work-life balance: At many accounting firms, work-life balance is a line item that’s quickly forgotten. Not here. At D+L, we offer flex time, family-friendly scheduling, remote work options, and other nontraditional benefits that help our employees prioritize their health and out-of-work life. It’s just one the reasons we’re able to retain our team members year after year.
- Continual Training: We believe that learning is a life-long process. As a member of our team, we will continually invest in your education, helping you develop new skills that will help you advance your career and provide the best service for our clients.
- A Culture that Values What You Value: When we sat down with our team members to write down our core values, we focused on the things that really matter to all of us: Truth With Integrity, Balance of Work & Rest, Stewardship and Worth of the Individual, among others. At D+L, you are more than just a number; you are a valued person with a rich and balanced life both within and beyond the office.
- An Office that Rocks: Our modern office space features an airy, open-concept and sleek aesthetic with plenty of healthy amenities, including an advanced air-ionization system, fitness facility, coffee bar, and more. Our convenient suburban location is minutes from I-88 with nearby shopping and dining.
- An Opportunity to Make a Real Difference: At larger accounting firms, it’s easy to get lost in the shuffle. Here, you will have a voice when it comes to your clients and the company at large. We depend on every member of our team to think innovatively and creatively; it’s how we stay ahead of the curve, and it’s one of the things that makes our careers fulfilling and fun.
As a Bookkeeper, (some of) your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Bookkeeping duties which include bank rec’s and AJE’s
- QuickBooks transaction entry and data import
- Online/manual bill payments and invoicing
- Process client payroll
- Prepare and submit quarterly payroll tax returns
- Prepare and submit sales tax returns
In order to be considered for this position, you must have:
- At least 1 year experience using QuickBooks Online
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- The ability to multi-task
About Our Company
Founded in 1974, Dugan + Lopatka serves clients in a variety of industries throughout Chicagoland. As a full-service Public Accounting Firm, we specialize in middle-market, private companies, and nonprofit organizations.